Terms of Reference of the WoodWhelan Research Fellowships Committee
The WoodWhelan Research Fellowships Committee shall:
- Be a Standing Committee of IUBMB, composed of 3 members appointed by the Executive Committee. Members shall serve for six years and may be reappointed for a further three years.
- Define, and periodically review, its ways of operating and seek the approval of the Executive Committee.
- Advise the Executive Committee on all aspects that relate to the WoodWhelan Research Fellowships.
- Receive, review, and decide on the merit of each application and on the size of award for each successful applicant.
- Communicate to each applicant, via the Chair, the decision reached in the case of any application.
- Request, via the Chair, a report from each successful applicant after termination of the travel for which the award was made.
- Keep records of all applications, their outcome, and reports of the research undertaken by each successful applicant during the tenure of a fellowship.
- Keep the Executive Committee informed of its activities and provide information to be included in IUBMB publications and posted on the IUBMB homepage.
- Hold meetings at all opportunities such as the occasion of scientific meetings.
- Help write applications of ISC support to be sent via the ISC representative and be on the lookout for other bodies that may be sources of funds.
- Identify individual Fellowships with particular donors.
- Provide the Treasurer with an accounting of funds spent from such donations for the information of any organization that has provided funds.
- Provide a description of its procedures for the benefit of new members.
12 April 1999