The IUBMB Edward John Wood Fund
- The IUBMB Edward John Wood Fund (The Fund) was established in 2009 to honor the memory of Edward John Wood (1941-2008) who dedicated himself to the promotion of biochemistry and molecular biology education.
- The scope of The Fund is to promote activities in the field of biochemistry and molecular biology education.
- Donations should be made either to the IUBMB or to IUBMB Inc. and be earmarked for the “IUBMB Edward John Wood Fund”.
- The activities of the Fund (selection of activities, coordination of donations, etc.) will be made by an ad hoc committee in consultation with the different portfolios of the Executive Committee (in particular Education and Finances), and subject to the supervision of the Executive Committee.
- The financial administration of the Fund will be carried out by the IUBMB Treasurer.
- The Fund will operate while resources are available. Substantial donations may be partly or totally invested and the income used to fund the activities.
The Institutions, Societies and Individuals listed below have contributed to the IUBMB Edward John Wood Fund
- International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (IUBMB)
- B. E. Farrell, Merseyside, UK
- Susan Hamilton, Brisbane, Australia
- Bhinjo Panijpan, Bangkok, Thailand
- Pintip Ruenwongsa, Bangkok, Thailand
- Frank Vella, Saskatoon SK, Canada
Harold White, Newark DE, USA