Member for Networking, Industrial Relations and Biotechnology
The Member for Networking, Industrial Relations and Biotechnology shall:
- Be involved in networking on behalf of the Union and to employ the Union's data banks to pursue the most efficient use of the Union's resources in cooperative ventures.
- Be responsible for establishing, fostering and developing relations of the Union with commercial enterprises concerned with research, development and investment in biotechnology.
- Represent the Executive Committee in the Committee on Biotechnology.
- Chair the Special Membership Committee and maintain all records that relate to its activities.
- Foster and develop close relations with the Special Members by seeking their active involvement and participation in the scientific and educational activities of the Union.
- Advise the executive Committee on matters that relate to biotechnology.
- Represent the union in related organizations and committees.
- Present to the Union the interests of the Special Members so as to better serve their needs.
- Meet with representatives of Special members on occasions such as scientific meetings.