Guidelines for IUBMB TAng education fellowships
The IUBMB Tang Education Fellowships will provide opportunities for the development of both biochemistry and molecular biology educational programs and educators with the specific aims of:
- increasing expertise and capability in biochemistry and molecular biology education
- supporting engaged educators
- promoting change/innovation in approaches to education
- improving student learning experiences, outcomes and engagement with biochemistry and molecular biology
- building an evidence base on which to make future recommendations on biochemistry and molecular biology education
- supporting biochemistry and molecular biology education in developing countries.
Conditions of Fellowships
The fellowships can be used for:
- Universities/departments to apply for a nominated experienced biochemistry and molecular biology educator to visit their institution for a specific educational outcome (Complete Form A)
- Educators to apply to visit institutions to learn/develop education practice and methodologies for a specific educational outcome (Complete Form B).
The fellowship will be awarded for travel lasting up to two months. The fellowships are intended to cover travel accommodation and living expenses, to a maximum of US$4000.
Travel costs will provide for the cheapest airfare available and reasonable costs of accommodation and living expenses. The costs do not cover insurance or expenses at the institution to be visited.
Applicants are required to make a full declaration to IUBMB of all other support received in connection with the proposed visit. A fellowship cannot be used to supplement scientific visits otherwise fully covered. Fellowships will not be awarded to attend courses, symposia, meetings or congresses. Applicants must be residents of countries that are members of IUBMB. Retrospective applications will not be considered.
Applicants must be a member of an IUBMB Adhering or Associate Adhering body.
The deadlines for receipt of applications is December 1st, 2019 for travel in 2020
No later than three months after the visit, a report should be sent to Dr. Janet Macaulay (Chair of the IUBMB Committee for Education and Training) detailing the results achieved or expected, and any publication that may result. Acknowledgement of receipt of the Fellowship should be made in any publication(s) that arise(s) as a result of the visit.
Application Forms for Download and On-line Submission
PDF Document Upload
- Select the document to upload.
- Document named as instructed on the application form.
- Once the file has been selected, click on the PDF Document button to complete the upload.
- Click the Delete link next to the uploaded document should you need to remove it.