** Postponed to 2022** Miami Winter Symposium 2021: Molecular Neuroscience: Focus on Sensory Disorders
January 13, 2021 to January 15, 2021
As the global situation regarding Coronavirus remains uncertain and putting the safety of participants and speakers above all else, we have made the difficult decision to postpone the Miami Winter Symposium: Molecular Neuroscience: Focus on Sensory Disorders until 2022.
We will be announcing the new dates soon: Please sign-up to the mailing list to receive information when available
- An international line-up of renowned speakers – selected to provide delegates with a unique opportunity to meet with and hear from representatives from leading research centers on basic research, translational issues and potential or actual clinical applications in sensory neuroscience.
- Award lectures by renowned leaders in sensory neuroscience research including: Christine Petit, James Hudspeth, Robert MacLaren, Anthony Movshon, Richard Axel, Robert Margolskee and David Julius.
- Focused sessions on the various senses: Hearing, vision, smell, taste and pain/itch/touch.
- The latest international research: Contributed ‘spotlight’ talks and poster sessions feature the latest research findings from around the world.
- Networking opportunities with key research teams from around the world: At the opening drinks reception, conference dinner and during the poster sessions.
Call for abstracts
Abstracts are invited on the following topics for presentation as posters alongside the oral program (some abstracts will be selected for oral presentation):
Welcome from the Program Chairs
The Miami Winter Symposia have been running for 54 consecutive years, a consistent success because of the spectacular awardees, speakers, and attendees that make the three-day meeting superb. Each year has a theme and this year we have chosen molecular neuroscience with a specific reference to sensory disorders within the senses: hearing, vision, smell, taste and pain/itch/touch.
We are excited to have many luminaries who will be honored at the 2021 program: Richard Axel, James Hudspeth, David Julius, Robert MacLaren, Robert Margolskee and Christine Petit will each present an award lecture. Anthony Movshon of New York University has graciously accepted the Lifetime Achievement Award. We will also have new research presented by rising stars in each of the sessions.
The Miami Winter Symposium 2021 will be an exclusive opportunity for scientists and researchers to broaden their horizons in an arena of cutting-edge science. Pharmaceutical and industry participants interested in advising and participating in research collaborations will find the Symposium to be an opportune interactive platform. Scholarships and travel awards will be given to selected abstracts.
We look forward to welcoming you to Miami,
- Sylvia Daunert, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, USA
- Sapna Deo, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, USA
- Xue Zhong Liu, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, USA
- Vittorio Porciatti, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, USA
- Michal Toborek, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, USA
- Claes Wahlestedt, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, USA
- Mariela Zirlinger, Editor in Chief, Neuron, Cell Press, USA