- This event has passed.
EMBO | EMBL Symposium: Plasticity across scales: from molecules to phenotypes
October 26, 2022 to October 29, 2022
This conference will take place at EMBL Heidelberg, with the option to attend virtually. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or recovery is required for on-site attendance. Please see EMBL’s COVID-19 terms and conditions.
This symposium aims to bring together a diverse group of scientists to discuss phenotypic, developmental and transgenerational plasticity from a wide range of disciplines and perspectives, focusing on its underlying molecular mechanisms and its role in driving evolutionary novelty. The meeting is designed to provide an interactive platform for scientists who share a common interest in plasticity but usually do not meet, within an intensive conference setting.
- Plasticity and molecular mechanisms
- Environmentally sensitive gene regulatory networks
- Metabolic signaling
- Moonlighting proteins/enzymes
- Transgenerational plasticity
- Inherited effects of parental/ancestral environments
- Mechanisms for heritable environmental effects (incl. epigenetic)
- Role of plasticity in driving evolutionary novelty
- What is the role of plasticity in the formation of adaptive radiations?
- What role does natural selection play in shaping the boundaries of reaction norms?
- Are evolutionary lineages that are particularly species rich also particularly plastic?
- Plasticity in the real world
- Plasticity as a source of ecological complementarity
- Microbiome/host interplay
- Developmental plasticity and medicine
OCT 03: Abstract Submission
OCT 03: Registration (On-site)
OCT 19: Registration (Virtual)