Guidelines for the IUBMB Travel Fellowships
The IUBMB Travel Fellowships are designed to support biochemistry and molecular biology trainees (Ph.D.-seeking graduate students or junior researchers within 5 years of receiving a Ph.D.), must be a resident of a country that is a full or associate member of the IUBMB to be able to travel to and attend meetings in the IUBMB region. AApplicants to attend a conference are required to present a poster or oral presentation in order to be considered for a fellowship award. Applicants to attend an advanced course are required to fully attend the course to be considered for a fellowship award.
- A link to the meeting and why attending it will be beneficial to the trainee
- An abstract of the presentation
- A short CV
- Statement of level of financial support that is requested, with justifications for the costs of travel. Itinerary for the lowest cost of travel available from originating city
- Reference letter from the applicant’s mentor
- The fellowship will cover: Visa application and Registration to the meeting and contribution towards travel costs. No more than 50% will be awarded.
Applications will be considered as they are received and applicants informed within a month of receipt of application.
Applicants who have been previously awarded a previous travel fellowship from IUBMB are not eligible. Preference will be given to applicants traveling to their first scientific meeting. Retrospective applications will not be considered.
All applications submitted will be reviewed by the Chair of the IUBMB Fellowships Committee.