Guidelines for the IUBMB Travel Fellowships
The IUBMB Travel Fellowships are designed to support biochemistry and molecular biology trainees (graduate students and postdoctoral fellows), from countries that are full or associate members of IUBMB to travel to and attend meetings in the IUBMB region. Applicants are required to present a poster or oral presentation in order to be considered for a fellowship award.
- A link to the meeting and why attending it will be beneficial to the trainee
- An abstract of the presentation
- A short CV
- Statement of level of financial support that is requested, with justifications for the costs of travel. Itinerary for the lowest cost of travel available from originating city. (no more than 50% will be awarded)
- Reference letter from the applicant’s mentor
- The fellowship will cover: Registration to the meeting and contribution towards travel costs.
The deadlines for receipt of applications are April 1st (for travel in July – December the same year) and October 1st (for travel in January – June the following year). Late applications will not be considered.
* Please note that the fall deadline of October 1 has been postponed until the next deadline of April 1, 2022
Applications will be sent and reviewed by Dr. Ilona Concha Grabinger by filling out the application form.