The President Elect
The President Elect shall:
- Be a member of the Executive Committee (Statute 6.1) and of the Board of directors of daughter organizations.
- Be responsible for the correct functioning of daughter organizations and report to the Executive Committee.
- Preside in the temporary absence of the President at all meetings of the Executive Committee, and at all General Assemblies.
- Act at the request of the President as official representative of the Union.
- In case of resignation or death of the President, the President Elect will become President and will hold office until the end of two subsequent Ordinary General Assemblies. The office of President Elect will remain vacant until the election at the next Ordinary General Assembly.
- In case of resignation or death of the President Elect, the President will assume the duties of the Office and the office will remain vacant until the next Ordinary General Assembly at which time both a President and a President Elect will be elected.
- In addition, the President Elect currently chairs the Special Membership Committee and interfaces with the Special Members.
- The President Elect will oversee the Biotechnology Committee. In this activity, the President Elect is the IUBMB representative on biotechnology matters.
- The President Elect will receive the applications for, evaluate and decide on the Jubilee lectures after consulting with the Officers.
EC Meeting Athens
26 - 27 June 2008