Member for Publications
The Member for Publications shall:
- Be a member of the Executive Committee and a member and the Chair of the Publications Committee
- Be responsible for the realization and promotion of the aims of the Union through its publications.
- Be responsible for the implementation of the agreements between the Union and its publishers in regard to:
- Choice of editors-in-chief and members of editorial boards
- Publication of IUBMB Newsletters and Reports in the Union's journals
- Control of copyright matters
- Renewal or updating of agreements between the Union and its publishers
- Participation with publishers in the promotion of the Union's publications
- Be responsible for starting the necessary action for the acquisition of existing journals, the establishment of new journals or other publication ventures.
- Be responsible for the good functioning of the Nomenclature Committee.
- Consult with and report to the Executive Committee on all important matters pertaining to the Union's publications.
- Keep records and provide a description of procedures used for the benefit of his or her successor and other interested parties.
- Shall in all policy matters have the advice of the Publications Committee.
28 July 1999